Monday, October 29, 2018

TMWWBK - 18th "Royal Irish" Regiment

I have finally launched into some stuff for "The Men Who Would Be Kings".  Starting on the Northwest Frontier/2nd Afghan War with these twelve lads of the 18th "Royal Irish" Regiment.

I hemmed and hawed for several months on what scale to do my colonial gaming in, and ALMOST went 28mm.  But.  Then I had a look through my lead mountain, and the Plastic Soldier Review website and decided that the cheaper, easier to store, and just as effective route was through 20mm or 1/72.  

This batch are 1/72 ESCI British Infantry and I think they look ok.  Finding the right shade of tan was a pain in the ass, as you may note from the Officer and Bugler being slightly "off" shades from the others.  They were my test figures and I didn't feel like re-painting them.  The officer I'll explain as; Freshly arrived from England, he purchased his uniform himself somewhere in India. Works for me anyways.    




Now to work on opponents, and terrain.

2018 Finished Figures - 98
2018 Finished Terrain - 6
2018 Games Played - 6

1 comment:

  1. The colour difference is not that noticeable in the photo. You certainly won't notice it while enjoying gaming with them.

    ReplyDelete