Thursday, October 4, 2018

Kill Team Game and a Few Thoughts


Hey all,
Went over to my buddy Kev's house the other day so that he could introduce myself and another friend of ours to the new "Kill Team" from Games Workshop.  It was a three-way mashup of my Tau vs Kevs Tyranids, and our friends Salamanders.

I'm happy to say, my Tau on their first outing - did not lose.  They didn't win...but they didn't lose haha.

So.  What'd I like?

Well, the quality of the components in the Kill Team starter box is excellent.  As you'd expect.  The terrain is pretty damn cool and isn't too "skulled" up so could work for some post apocalyptic gaming.  Terrain in the photos is not painted, but as you can see, it works.

Now, the only thing I didn't like - 

The combat sequence is way too complicated.

It was a fun day, and I'd play it again.


Deployment - Tau = Closest, to the right are the Salamanders, and across the board are the Tyranids.

A tyranid charges the Tau Gun Drone

As the tyranids get stuck in charging salamanders, Tau move to the upper levels of a bombed out building to get better line of sight.

Tyranids and Tau attacking a Salamander Position.  Who will die first?!

Another angle of the overwatching Tau

It was very nice to get my painted figures on the table so quickly after finishing them a couple weeks ago.  Now to dig out my copy of "In the Emperors Name"

More finished figures coming soon, as well as some updated plans and editorial thoughts.

2018 Finished Figures - 79
2018 Finished Terrain - 5
2018 Games Played - 6

No comments:

Post a Comment