Saturday, April 13, 2019

ANZAC's in Vietnam (3)

Four years and two days ago, I posted the 2nd post about ANZAC's in Vietnam in which I had finished a Company Command base and Medic and stated, "My goal is to get the rest of the platoon painted by the end of April." https://historyspiderweb.blogspot.com/2015/04/anzac-in-vietnam-2.html FOUR years ago. HA. Well, I've finished the 1st Platoon finally -







I'm pretty focused on this project now, because in September I will be running a "Charlie Don't Surf" game at the Recruits Gaming Convention in Lee Summit, Missouri. It will be my submission for our "Lard Summit" a collection of gamers running and introducing people to TooFatLardies rules and #spreadthelard spearheaded by Jay Arnold of the Veteran Wargamer Podcast.

Another positive to having this focus is that it means that HOPEFULLY, by September, I will have the components I need finally done and dusted for the beginning of my Tour of Duty campaign I want to do. Basically, following the men of a Company of Australian troops through their tour in Vietnam.  Believe me, there will be many more updates as I work on this project, and they damn well won't be four years from now.


Another item finished for this (and other) project(s) is this M.A.S.H tent.


Note - while the tent cannot be removed from the base, I am that sad bunny that painted the wounded inside.


It started life I believe as a Hospital Tent in a 1970's Airfix 1/72 kit.  I got it from my Dad who bought it in the '70s, and I've had it for almost 20 years languishing in the lead and plastic pile. Well, it scale wise works for 15mm up to 20mm so I painted it up. Personally, I love it.

Stand by for further!

2019 Finished Figures - 71
2019 Finished Terrain - 6
2019 Games Played - 1 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work! Shame you can see so little of the wounded inside the tent but the perfectionist in me nods in approval for painting them 😁.
    I had no idea that Australia participated in the Vietnam war by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The figs look really nice, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete