I then cut and sanded a base out of 1/4" plywood, mounted it and applied BASICS Modeling Paste.
Using some sprues from a box of plastic figures, I cut up some firewood. Also mounted a tree base, and put some rocks in place.
Painted the paste a brown base color.
Lots of drybrushing later, I had a painted Grubenhaus. Added flock, leaving a clear space for some crops.
The finished Product!
On top of the sprue firewood, I added some carved up bits of twig from outside to add some realistic wood to the pile.
I'm greatly enjoying this terrain modeling thing...looking forward to next month as I tackle the Post Apoc grocery store!