So, quick update...sorry no pics.
Ok, so myself and Chris over at Chris' Miniature Woes have been communicating quite a bit and we've come up with this plan (read that as - CRAZY IDEA):
Starting September 1st, we're going to do a 6 Month Painting/Hobby Challenge, and blog and Instagram about it. That doesn't sound too bad, does it?...HaHa read the rules we've come up with:
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card. Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise. I luck out here, as I'll have Christmas and my birthday during this 6 Months.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED.
That's about it for the rules. We thought it'd be fun, economic, and a good way to encourage each other and reduce the lead mountain some. If ya'll would like to join in the fun, drop Chris or I a line, give us a follow, and lets get painting!