Monday, September 9, 2019

Viet Cong D445 Battalion

Progress continues apace for the Recruits Convention in Lee Summit, Missouri at the end of this month, Sept. 27-29.  On the 28th I, along with Jay Arnold of the Veteran Wargamer podcast and some of his mates will be running "Lard Summit"; a Toofatlardies event of all day Lardie games.  My submission will be the aforementioned in other blog updates "Battle of Long Tan".

To that end, my hobby and painting time has been stress-fully trying to get everything done that's needed for the game.  In the last couple days, I've finally finished off a company of the D445 Local Force Battalion for the Viet Cong. Follows is some WIP photos and then at the very end, the finished company.

This was when I was borderline panicking because I had sooo much to do.

Batch painting once you get into the swing of things isn't actually that bad.

A finished Plt. with bases tarted up.

A pic to show the effectiveness of the "bamboo tufts".

Another finished Plt.

My third and final attempt at freehanding a star onto their flag.

The full company, plus sniper team.

Batch painting is not as bad as I originally thought once I got into the swing of things.  Now, I just have 2 Platoons of Australians of D Coy, 6RAR and a Platoon of M113's from A Coy, 6RAR. Oh; and all the terrain. So no big deal. I have 18 days. Better get cracking.

2019 Finished Figures - 223
2019 Finished Terrain - 19
2019 Games Played - 3

1 comment: