Thursday, January 17, 2013

Goals For 2013 -

So, this is my first blog post here in awhile, and definitely my first wargaming post, so I decided to launch 2013 with a list of my goals.  Keep in mind that I am a beginner to table top gaming, though I've been playing board wargames (Avalon Hill, SPI, Axis and Allies and others) for a long time - read that as over 10 years, so I'm now launching myself into tabletop gaming.

I'm a huge military history enthusiast  so my wide range of interests in different periods could probably lead to a very expensive hobby...that being said, I've had a TON of 20mm plastic figures since I was a kid, covering a wide range of conflicts and time periods so I'm going to start with them.

Ok, here are my:

Goals for 2013:

  • Organize and inventory all figures/models
  • Research Roman and Barbarian forces and create army lists
  • Organize, Paint, and Base Roman Army
  • Organize, Paint, and Base Barbarian Army
  • Start fleshing out my FoW German Early War Army
  • Work on Short Stories
  • Blog More
  • Expand my Zombies! Board Game Collection
  • Look into Pike and Shot Gaming
  • Paint up my WW2 1/35th Scale figs for Skirmish Gaming
  • Aquire figs for post-apocalyptic/zombie gaming
  • Go to at least one show
  • Play more games
  • Find more opponents
  • Add to my terrain tables
Its a long list but I'll be attacking it in chuncks.



1 comment:

  1. Can I suggest DBA for your ancients? Fun set of rules, small armies, quick games, and the basing is compatible with many other rules.

    ReplyDelete